August 22, 2016 launched cohort 2 of digital marketing apprentices. Now DCI has cohort 1, who began in January, and cohort 2 on their 12 month journeys to digital marketing mastery. Cohort 2 kicked off with a weeklong boot camp where they built out a marketing campaign for one of the DCI client companies and earned the Hubspot User Certification.
The first week of apprenticeship, digital marketing bootcamp, is an intense weeklong experience where the apprentices team up with the help of instructors to build out a marketing campaign. For this second bootcamp DCI partnered with Plant Interscapes and Cohort 1 apprentice Jason Bryant to create a strategy for promoting a new webinar. The apprentices also learned how to use HubSpot marketing automation and studied throughout the week in order to take the certification exam on Saturday.
Here’s what the week entailed:
- Kick-off dinner
- Introduction to DCI and the team
- First coaching session with DCI head coach Aurora Geis, setting the 1st 90 days goals
- Joint dinner of cohort 1 & 2 - sharing insights on why they chose apprenticeship
- Begin strategizing and building out content
- Instructor: Sara Helmy
- Topics covered: content creation, funnel analysis, blogging, keywords, social publishing
- Self-study for Hubspot User Exam
- Workflows and email sequences
- Instructor: Matt Pompa
- Topics covered: landing pages, CTAs, email, lists, contacts, A/B testing
- Bringing the campaign together
- Instructor: Matt Pompa
- Topics covered: campaign creation and data analysis
- Group coaching session with Aurora, uncovering team dynamics and top strengths of each apprentice
- Team collaboration to create the presentation deck
- Pitch to Jason and Jonathan from the Plant Interscapes marketing team
- Group study for the Hubspot User Exam
- Taking the Hubspot User Exam
At the end of the week, the apprentices were still energized and ready to start their 12 month journeys. They are now proficient with a leading marketing automation platform and know how to build out a marketing campaign from start to finish. Some of the topics they are looking forward to exploring are: content, web development, data science and social media.
Now we launch right into learning the Scrum project management methodology with cohort meeting sessions on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Interested in learning more about the apprenticeship program and curriculum? Check out the curriculum and schedule.
Cohort 1 & 2 of Apprentices!